Call For Entries
Entry Form and Information in .pdf
Clay Arts Utah Summer Show 2012
Patrick Moore Gallery
August 17 to September 8, 2012
Juror: Lauren Gallaspy,
Assistant Professor at the University of Utah
This exhibition will showcase work from CAU membership that was made within the last two years. It is open to all types of ceramic work (utilitarian and sculptural), and is open to all current members of CAU. Members who are not current on their dues may pay them upon show registration.
Patrick Moore will be concurrently exhibiting the works of Scotty Durant on the walls surrounding the exhibit.
Entry Deadline August 11, 2012.
About the Juror:
Lauren Gallaspy received her BFA in ceramics at the University of Georgia and her MFA from Alfred University in Alfred, New York. As an active artist with a rigorous studio practice in both sculptural andfunctional ceramics as well as painting and drawing, she has had several one and two person shows and has been included in over 35 group exhibitions in galleries,
museums, and at conferences nationally and internationally since 2004. She has served as a graduate instructor in ceramics and drawing at Alfred University, has taught in the Ceramics Department at the University of Georgia over several years, and will be starting her first year as Assistant Professor of Ceramics at the University of Utah this fall. From 2009 to 2012,
Lauren served as co-director and owner of Trace Gallery in Athens, Georgia with her husband, artist Andy Nasisse.
Entry Procedure (rules):
1. Complete and sign the entry form provided. Download the .pdf <here>
2. Bring your work to Patrick Moore Gallery on Saturday, August 11 between the hours of noon and 5:00 PM. If you are unable to make it at that time, please make arrangements with Nolan Baumgartner (email@example.com).
3. You may submit up to 3 works, no more than one may be a set of multiple pieces (due to space constraints in the gallery). Sets must be sold as such (they may not be broken up and sold individually).
4. Bring a $25 check for the entry amount. You can also pay for any past dues not paid for this year ($45 regular member, $25 student member). We will also be able to accept credit cards, if that is more convenient.
5. Bring a one-page bio of yourself. Please format it 8 ½ by 11 in portrait orientation. Include a short bio of you (what you do, if other than making pots full time, and some information about your work). It should also include an artist statement (where applicable) and information about your making and firing processes. This is to help Patrick and his staff inform patrons about your work.
6. Please note that there is a small chance that one of your pieces may be “juried out” due to the limited space. We will do our best to get it all in.
7. All work must be for sale. Please note that the gallery takes 40% of the retail price as commission, so make sure you take that into consideration.
o Your beautiful ceramic work
o Completed application
o Check for entry fee
o Check for dues (if applicable)
o 1 page (or less) personal bio and artist statement